The City vs Nature

While participating in the studio travel to Los Angeles, I thought a lot about what exactly I am trying to study, and what exactly am I trying to dive into regarding home and affordability, and availability.

I came to a conclusion about my study and a topic that I have not really considered heavily till now. I looked into affordability, and what material and economic practices building or otherwise can affect that affordability. Another thought came to me while walking the dense urban streets of Los Angeles when I went to the observatory and watched as the lush urban landscape caved into the natural landscape that surrounds the observatory.

This brought the question of how we compete with the growing population without compromising the beauty of the natural landscape that surrounds us? How do we continue to make housing and other sorts of architecture without trampling the natural elements that we find so beautiful? Those natural elements bring us serotonin just by seeing them out our windows.

What happens to that natural world while we are busy trying to house the ever-growing human one?


How do we preserve such natural beauty and not compromise the natural growth of human society?

How do we save these amazing, beautiful, natural areas, without completely halting urban growth?


https://photos.app.goo.gl/UvTuNskKcAuLpCsS8

A link to some photos of plant life and the urban environment in Los Angeles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Process - The Choice